How To Get Imessage On Android: iMessage is a great messaging app reserved only for iPhone users. But if you want to use the app on your android device, you can use some third-party apps. It allows you to use this exclusively iPhone app on an android device. Here is a guide to get you through the process of How To Get iMessage On Android.
Before knowing how to use iMessage on Android, you should know that you will still be needing an iPhone. The point of using third-party apps is to give you access to iMessages even if you don’t have your iPhone with you at a specific time or if its battery is drained. This won’t help you out if you want to use iMessage on your android and you don’t own an iPhone.
Following are the few basic requirements for using iMessage on an android phone.
- iMessage account on your iPhone.
- A Mac that is powered on and connected to a strong internet connection.
- On the other hand, your android should be android 6.0 or higher with the AirMessage app installed on it.
Before diving into the procedure. You should know what you are actually up to. iMessage uses end-to-end encryption. Hence, only Apple software can decrypt the messages sent from one iMessage account to another.
To use iMessage on Android, you will need a third-party app to decrypt the messages for you. This could be done using a mac as the middle device. The procedure could be divided into two major steps.
First, you’ll need to work on your mac. The detailed procedure is as follows:
- Once you download the AirMessage server on your Mac, you will have many security prompts. Accept them to continue.
- Once you have successfully set up the server, you will see the welcome message, directing you towards the AirMessage icon.
- Next, you will need to change the password for the server. The AirMessage comes with a default password. Open preferences and select security and privacy. Select accessibility and then click the lock icon in the bottom-left.
- The server will ask you for your Mac password to continue safely. Once done with that, click the + icon and select AirMessage from Applications to change the default password for a more secure experience.
- Once you have successfully set up the server, move on to other required changes. Change the sleep settings of your mac, as to use AirMessage, your mac should remain powered on throughout.
- Also, note down the IP address of your Mac system as you will need it afterward.
Here you are done with setting up your Mac.
Now answering the main question, How To Get iMessage On Android. Once you have set up iMessage on your Mac, all you need to do is to link your android to your Mac. Follow these simple steps for an easy and fast set-up.
- Go to Google Play Store and install the iMessage app.
- Once installed, launch the app. It will ask you for your Apple ID and the password we created on the Mac server.
- The app will provide you the option of downloading backed-up chats. You can skip the step if you want to.
And here you are, all set to use iMessage through your android phone.
Find more Tech articles
How To Get iMessage On Android
The above is a full go-through of How To Get iMessage On Android. Still, if you have any more questions, here is an FAQ section.
Can I receive iMessage on Android?
Though you can't use iMessage on Android, receiving messages on Android is possible. There are many apps for this purpose, e.g., iMessage, iMessage, etc.
Is there an iMessage equivalent for Android?
Yes, many apps enable you to use iMessage on your android phone, such as, weMessage, AirMessage, and many more
Does Samsung have iMessage?
No, android phones, may it be Samsung or any other android phone, do not have official access to iMessage.