If you are here searching for How to use DroidCam, you most probably know what DroidCam is. But for those who are unaware of this amazing app, here is a little introduction.
Video chats and meetings have become quite common in our lives. Whether it be an online gaming session with our game buddies or a formal meeting with our colleagues, video chats have saved us during this pandemic. Most people find it more convenient to use their laptops and PCs for video calling as it allows them to have different tabs opened and use several other features. But unfortunately, having a pre-installed high-quality webcam isn’t that common. Also, buying a webcam costs a real fortune. To resolve this issue, you can use DroidCam.
So, here is easy to go guide on How to Use DroidCam. Continue reading so that you can use your android camera as a webcam anytime anywhere.
How To Use DroidCam
To use DroidCam, you will need to make some changes to both your android device and laptop.
On Laptop or PC
To start using DroidCam you need to make a few changes to your PC or laptop. You can use DroidCam on both Windows and Linux operating systems. Let’s get started with the most important one.
- Open the browser and download the desktop version of DroidCam.
- Also, download the desktop version of whatever app you aim to use for video chatting. DroidCam does not operate with web versions of the apps installed from the Microsoft store.
On Android device or iPhone
Your android device will also need a few changes to get started with DroidCam.
- Go to the Google Play store and download the DroidCam app.
Connecting both the devices
How To Use Droidcam – Once you have successfully downloaded and installed the required apps on both your devices, you can start setting up DroidCam. The process is as follows:
- The first thing is to use the same Wi-Fi connection for both your android device and PC. Make sure you are using a good internet connection.
- After that open the DroidCam app on your android device. When opening the app for the first time, it will ask for a few permissions. Permit the app to use your android camera and microphone.
- Now open the Desktop version of the app on your PC or laptop. It will ask for the Wi-Fi IP and DroidCam Port. You can find these in the app installed on your android phone.
- After entering the required fields, check the audio and camera boxes and then click start.
- Now open the desktop version of the video calling app you are about to use. Go to the settings and change the camera and microphone input. Select DroidCam for both settings.
- Congratulations. You have successfully set up the DroidCam on your PC and android device.
How to get rid of the apps?
How To Use Droidcam – Though the app is pretty cool, the apps can be very annoying, especially for those who aim to use the app on a daily basis. Get rid of them by paying $5. It will also give you access to a number of amazing features. But if you will be using the app occasionally, the free version will work pretty well for you.
Find more Tech articles
How To Use DroidCam?
The above How to use DroidCam guide is well explained. But still here are some FAQs for your further ambiguities.
How safe is DroidCam?
DroidCam is very much safe to use. It does not tangle with your operating system nor does it with your android phone. Also, there are no clues of any data stealing.
How do I use the DroidCam client?
You can use the DroidCam client by downloading the desktop version and then connecting it with your android device.
Is DroidCam a virus?
No, DroidCam is absolutely safe to use. It’s no virus and does no harm to your system.